Wow, I hadn't even thought of DNS issues because I was first made aware of the strange errors at the same time I had made changes to the DD code. The DNS server would have changed about 5 or so days prior to that. So of course, I went off down the path of something I had changed in the code had broken it all and didn't consider the obvious.
The obvious being, as I'd explained to a friend the other day, if it works for some and not for others – and even then sometimes it works for everyone – suspect the DNS!
I've updated the DNS server (it was wrong, thanks DancingStar's IT dude) and things should return to normal over the next few days. DancingStar – you'll need (in a few days) to ask your IT dude to remove the entry from the hosts file again so that when we do manage to move the server later in the move/early next month, you're not left wondering where we went again 🙂
Thanks for your patience everyone!
Don't forget to look for the DearDiary.Net fanpage on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for updates when the server is having troubles.